J-Express forum
October 16, 2019, 10:50:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: J-Express 2011 released. Download from jexpress.bioinfo.no

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error executing J-express  (Read 12476 times)
janrogerolsen

View Profile Email
« on: October 26, 2012, 04:19:55 PM »

I get an error when I try to open J-express 2012. I am using OSX 10.8 and J-express have worked properly until this week. I updated java from the version apple updates to the new version that is updated by Oracle a couple of days ago. Can this be a cause?

This is the error message i get:

Error executing J-express:
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/Library/Internet": error=2, No such file or directory
See more in jexpress.log

I would be very thankful for any help with this problem
andersat

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 04:58:12 PM »

I have the same problem after my last OSX upgrade. Is there a way to fix it?
susanne

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 01:30:36 PM »

I have the same problem now. Did you figure out how to resolve this issue?

Bill

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 12:06:43 PM »

Hi!
Did you fix this problem? I am getting the same error massage

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/Library/Internet": error=2, No such file or directory
See more in jexpress.log

on my Dell machine with Windows XP.

Best Regards.
Bill
Bill

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 02:58:12 PM »

Our IT administrator fixed the problem by removing all Jexpress and Java files and folders and installing both programs again. Took few hours to figure out this (after trying everything else Wink.
mrzpjt

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 06:39:58 PM »

Hi Have just encountered the same problem, MAc with 10.7.5, JEx was working, but now getting the same error message after an upgrade to Java - seems it is to do with the path that is generated from Launch.jar - I get the following in a console message

10/05/2013 17:18:37.061 [0x0-0x200200].com.apple.JarLauncher: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java  -Xms256M  -Xmx512M  -classpath "/Applications/JExpress/:/Applications/JExpress/lib/edtftpj.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/freehep-export-2.1.2.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/freehep-graphics2d-2.1.1.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/freehep-graphics2d-2.1.2.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/freehep-graphicsio-2.1.2.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/freehep-graphicsio-emf-2.1.2.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/freehep-graphicsio-pdf-2.1.2.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/freehep-graphicsio-ps-2.1.2.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/freehep-graphicsio-svg-2.1.2.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/freehep-graphicsio-swf-2.1.2.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/freehep-io-2.0.3.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/freehep-swing-2.0.3.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/freehep-swing-2.0.4-SNAPSHOT.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/freehep-util-2.0.3.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/freehep-xml-2.1.1.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/freehep-xml-2.1.3-SNAPSHOT.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/Help.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/iText.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/jai_codec.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/jai_core.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/jas-plotter-2.2.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/jcalendar-1.3.2.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/jcommon-1.0.16.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/jdom-1.0.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/jdom.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/jexpress.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/jexpressServer.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/jfreechart-1.0.13.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/jh.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/jmathplot.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/js.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/jsci-core.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/jsci.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/junit.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/jylib.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/jython.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/MAGEHandler.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/MAGEMLimport.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/MAGEstk-2004-06-29-v1.1-compatible.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/mlibwrapper_jai.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/openide-lookup-1.9-patched-1.0.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/servlet.jar:/Applications/JExpress/lib/swing-layout.jar:/Applications/JExpress/:plugins/stat.jar" jexpress.jexpress

then an error message

10/05/2013 17:18:37.071 [0x0-0x200200].com.apple.JarLauncher: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/Library/Internet": error=2, No such file or directory

which makes sense, as the first part of the previous command says "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/..."  but I think it should say "/Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/..."  ie adding \ to escape the space in the Internet plugins directory name.

but if this is it, how to fix - needs something changing  in the  launch.jar file?

Actually, on running the script above, with the correct  "\" inserted, whilst Jexpress didn't run for other reasons,
I saw in terminal that the following variable is the origin perhaps?
sun.boot.library.path   - /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/lib 
so the installed JAva's the cause - this variable is wrong.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 06:47:58 PM by mrzpjt » Logged
bozoli

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 11:07:34 AM »

Yup, same here. Running darwin.

I really don't want to delete all java files and then reinstall it just for this.

Happened when trying to open a wrong file type in the annotation manager.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 12:26:53 PM by bozoli » Logged
mrzpjt

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 11:39:25 AM »

was this solved - I've just tried putting Express onto a students computer and go the same error, it has have up to date, macbook Air with Yosemite- will try updating the machine to El Capitan then reinstalling...
fotso

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2019, 12:34:28 PM »

Hi!
Did you fix this problem? I am getting the same error massage

See more in jexpress.log

on my Dell machine with Windows XP.

Best Regards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: