J-Express forum
January 21, 2020, 08:46:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: J-Express 2011 released. Download from jexpress.bioinfo.no

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannot run J-Express 2012  (Read 6661 times)
hottian

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2013, 12:54:34 AM »

Hi
I just installed J-Express 2012 for window. My OS is win7. However, when I run it, I met an error message

"
Error executing J-Express:
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Program": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
"
Do anybody know the solution of this problem?
Pholt

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 12:15:30 PM »

Hi I hasd the same problem, to solve it I deleted J-express, downloaded the old version of Java (java 6) and re installed J-express.

\Philippe
Kjell Petersen
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 02:44:38 PM »

This is due to the latest Oracle Java security release where they've altered the API to start command line processes, which causes directory names with a space in it to fail. And for J-Express default installation in Windows being under "Program Files", this causes J-Express start-up to fail.

Phillipe fixed his installation by downgrading java to an earlier release/version. The security patch is done both on Java 6 and 7.

We've compiled an alternative Launch.jar file that can be used instead of the original one, that will use another method in the Java API that will handle spaces in directory names. Simply replace your Launch.jar file in the J-Express installation directory with this file: http://www.ii.uib.no/~kjellp/jexpress/Launch.jar

Kjell Petersen
Norwegian Bioinformatics platform
jexpress.bioinfo.no support team
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 09:57:28 AM by Kjell Petersen » Logged
janrogerolsen

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 04:26:16 PM »

Hi, the link to the new launch.jar file is not working. Could you provide a new link?
Kjell Petersen
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 08:39:56 AM »

Hi all, updating this post for later viewers:

The link is working now, may have been temporarily down at the time when Jan Roger tried to access it.

Kjell
pronosoft

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 03:39:03 PM »

Hi, the link to the new launch.jar file is not working. Could you provide a new link?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: