J-Express forum
May 26, 2020, 11:18:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: J-Express 2011 released. Download from jexpress.bioinfo.no

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reloading Jython scripts without restarting Freeplane  (Read 1252 times)
RyanCaleb

View Profile Email
« on: November 09, 2017, 09:23:21 AM »

Hello all,

I'm using Freeplane v1.5.21 on MacOSx Sierra. This Freeplane version has the embedded JRE (v1.8.0_131). I'm following the instructions detailed on this webpage and the sample script works great. However, if I change the script without restarting Freeplane, Freeplane doesn't run the new script but one that is seemingly cached.
In other words, the first version of the script that I run is:
c.statusInfo = "Jython's here: Node's text is " + node.text
And it runs fine from Freeplane. Without restarting Freeplane, if I change the script to be:
c.statusInfo = "This is the second instance of the script"
... The status bar will display the old behavior of "Jython's here: ..."
Requiring a reload makes iterative and interpretive development of Jython scripts a bit time consuming. I'm new to Jython and how Freeplane uses Jython scripts, but was really excited to find this mechanism.
Any suggestions?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
https://sourceforge.net/p/freeplane/discussion/758437/thread/5d8f31d7/?limit=25

motion graphics examples
pronosoft

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 12:15:49 PM »

I'm using Freeplane v1.5.21 on MacOSx Sierra. This Freeplane version has the embedded JRE (v1.8.0_131). I'm following the instructions detailed on this webpage and the sample script works great. However, if I change the script without restarting Freeplane, Freeplane doesn't run the new script but one that is seemingly cached.
In other words, the first version of the script that I run is:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: