J-Express forum
June 04, 2020, 02:23:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: J-Express 2011 released. Download from jexpress.bioinfo.no

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rewriting the Jython Scripting wiki page  (Read 1147 times)
RyanCaleb

View Profile Email
« on: February 08, 2018, 07:01:33 AM »

Hi,

There is some information about some specifics of Jython compared to CPython. I will keep this in a more compact form. Interaction between Jython and ImageJ/Java is important, too.

I want to start with a section called When to use Jython Scripting. In my opinion Jython Scripting is for users that already know Python or for beginners that want to learn Python to use it outside of ImageJ, too. All other users I want to redirect to JavaScript and BeanShell, as these languages are supported by the Recorder and both are better integrated into Java.

Next step will be a short introduction to the language. I don’t want to write a tutorial on how to program in general, but rather highlight what is special about python (list comprehension, generators, first class functions) and how to use them in ImageJ.

Another section will be on using modules, where I will describe my solution for this. I will write a step by step guide on how to use the minimal-ij1-plugin to build a Jar-File from a package of Jython modules.

For More Details

Product Design Marketing Examples

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: