J-Express forum
January 21, 2021, 05:09:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: J-Express 2011 released. Download from jexpress.bioinfo.no

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing on Mac  (Read 5027 times)
Bjarte Dysvik
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: January 26, 2006, 12:59:32 PM »

Some users experience problems when Installing J-Express on mac using the multiplatform installer..

Here is a report from one user:

The standard now is that you have to "unlock" the installer with an administrator password. This is not the case for the current installer, which probably assumes the user is admin on her own machine. At our universsity we are, but for security reasons not as our standard user. Thus with a standard installer, we may be logged on as ourselves, and when installing we click the lock and autheticate as admin (without logging in). With the current installer one has to be logged on as admin to be allowed to write to the applications folder. Subsequently, you log on again as yourself, but then do not have proper access to the files. (also the Launch.java file got the wrong application link, but that may be a machine-system problem). One therefore has to change access to the Jexpress folder contents manually.

J-Express use the izpack installer for multiplatform and some issues have recently been discovered. (http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/izpack-devel/2006-January/subject.html)

If someone else have experience on using installshields on mac, please join this thread.

bjarte.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 02:13:41 PM by Bjarte Dysvik » Logged
b32mumam

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 02:07:56 AM »

Hi I download the J.Express 2012 Multiplatform in my mac  10.11.3 OX X El Capitan and with the last JAVA version 8 but did not work. I can not open the app. Some advice please?
WilmaRodgers

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 12:33:38 PM »

The index is planned and theme-oriented for the changes. The visitors of the blog and yourcvconsultant.co.uk are done for the functions for all issues. The repayment is filled for the automatic means for the targeted element for the signatures for the field.
rashel24296

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 04:19:34 AM »

Wonderful article. It's very useful.  As a singapore home tuition service provider, I really appreciate your post. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: