J-Express forum
September 23, 2019, 12:04:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: J-Express 2011 released. Download from jexpress.bioinfo.no

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New 2.7 update available  (Read 6845 times)
Bjarte Dysvik
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: March 17, 2006, 05:26:02 PM »

This update contains some new features such as an updated annotation manager (ID Linker) and new components (such as a FSS volcano plot). Some changes are also made to ensure better compatibility with mac java versions.

The update is available through the J-Express update menu and as new installation packages at the molmine download page. Updated documentation is also available.

Updates have also been applied to some of the libraries. Make sure to also select the updated libraries when updating from the J-Express update menu.

Bjarte.
Erling

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 09:24:27 AM »

Hello.
I have just updated my J-express 2.7. I restarted my J-express and tested the program. When I make a selection under the project tree and press the line chart tab, I get the same window as in earlier versions, but in the field where the gene graph used to be, there is now only a black field. Have You experienced the same? Do you now what might be the reason? I have newer experienced this type of error before.

Best regards

Erling Dahl
Bjarte Dysvik
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 01:08:06 PM »

This normally happens if the J-Express configuration file is missing or damaged.

Try downloading a new config file at www.molmine.com/jexpress/jexpress.cfg and put in you J-Express folder (back up the old cfg file).

If anyone else have the same problem I would very much like to know about it as I am unable to reproduce the same error myself.

Thanks for using the forum.
Bjarte.
Erling

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 01:58:22 PM »

Hello again.
I tried to download the new configuration file you sent me. I saved it and replaced the old file. When I start J-express I get at project tree including a Yeast project and when I try to open one of my files I get an error message telling me that I am now using a test version and that I am no longer allowed to open my own files. Seems like the files you sent me encodes for a trial version. Could you please try to send my a another file?

Erling
Bjarte Dysvik
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 03:38:29 PM »

You must re-set the file location so that J-Express knows where to find the cert.dta file.

Set the J-Express root and settings file under "Settings" > "Options" > "File Locations".

bjarte
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: