J-Express forum
December 07, 2019, 07:07:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: J-Express 2011 released. Download from jexpress.bioinfo.no

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: branch  (Read 7510 times)
heidina
« on: May 05, 2006, 01:51:43 PM »

I've been using Jexpress v. 2.7 for some time now, and right now I've got build 31 running. The program seems to be very unstable when it come to perform the tast "branch". Sometimes I'm able to create a sub node in the project tree, but very often the program failes to create a branch. Nothing happens when I click the branch button, no matter whether I do it in the "group controller" window or the "create groups" window.

It seems like the problem could be related to the task ID Linker. Sometimes, after I’ve added annotations by use of ID Linker, the tab “Info fields and settings” in the “view dataset” is empty. And it seems like it may be a correlation between this and the problem of making a branch. SO, what do I do wrong… 

And something nice - tried SAM yesterday for the first time in months, and now it seemed to be much more userfriendly than in the previous version. Thanks!

Heidi
annekristin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 03:31:24 PM »

The problems referring to the ID Linker have been solved.

Bug fixes have also recently been done on the Group Controller. We did not manage to recreate the problems you describe, but hopefully they will be gone in the next update.

Please let us know if you still have problems with this.

The new update is available now!
heidina
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 10:09:26 AM »

The problems referring to the ID Linker have been solved.

Bug fixes have also recently been done on the Group Controller. We did not manage to recreate the problems you describe, but hopefully they will be gone in the next update.

Please let us know if you still have problems with this.

The new update is available now!

I'll try that out when I manage to get the new installation to run! When I try to run J-express after the new updates I get the following message from Java Virtual Machine Launcher: "Could not find the main class. Program will exit". I've tried to restart the machine. Is this a Java problem or a J-express problem, Any solutions? Heidi

Heidi
Bjarte Dysvik
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 11:25:08 AM »

Try a manual update of your jexpress.jar file.. Download the file http://www.molmine.com/jexpress/update/jexpress.jar and overwrite the jexpress.jar file in your lib folder (inside the main J-Express folder).

bjarte
heidina
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 12:12:03 PM »

Try a manual update of your jexpress.jar file.. Download the file http://www.molmine.com/jexpress/update/jexpress.jar and overwrite the jexpress.jar file in your lib folder (inside the main J-Express folder).

bjarte

Didn't help, but I reinstalled the program, and it seems ok now.

Heidi
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: