J-Express forum
July 24, 2019, 03:49:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: J-Express 2011 released. Download from jexpress.bioinfo.no

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to analyse the data from agilent microarray?  (Read 11790 times)
jnuxz

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2006, 06:11:05 AM »

I can't analyse the data from agilent microarray by the J-E directly. Since the date form of agilent is different from that of affymetrix.

Is it necessary that the date from the agilent scanner should be normalized or modifized before J-E analysis? and how to do it? i can't get it from the manual provided. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 06:20:58 AM by jnuxz » Logged
Bjarte Dysvik
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 09:47:54 AM »

Agilent microarray data can be loaded using the SpotPix Suite (select load raw data from the file menu),

If the Files are in a known format, it should be enough just to drag and drop the files from your file explorer to the "Samples" table in spotpix suite.
See more about this in the tutorial "loading image quantitation data" installed together with J-Express. In this document you can also find information about how to filter and normalize your data.

bjarte
eivindfi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 11:46:45 AM »

See more about this in the tutorial "loading image quantitation data" installed together with J-Express. In this document you can also find information about how to filter and normalize your data.

I can't find any tutorial named "loading image quantitation data". Maybe this has been changed and put somewhere else? I am also curious about normalization and filtering of Agilent data, but I suspect that Agilent will have to answer this?
Bjarte Dysvik
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 09:14:54 PM »

The document should be installed together with J-Express. If you use windows it should be in the start-group together with the shortcut to the J-Express executable. Anyway, the document is also available from www.molmine.com/jexpress/doc.

I know there are many groups loading Agilent data into petrel. Perhaps someone wants to share their experience and best practices?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: